Automatically enroll devices in Device Management for Apple
You must enroll Apple devices in Device Management for Apple before you can send Configuration Profiles and commands to the devices directly from the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
Devices can be enrolled automatically in Device Management for Apple if your customer has an Apple Business Manager (ABM) account, or you can manually enroll devices with end user approval.
Before you enroll devices in Device Management for Apple, ensure the Requirements for Device Management for Apple are completed.
Apple School Manager functions the same as Apple Business Manager when interacting with N-sight RMM. You can use the tasks in this section for Apple School Manager.
To automatically enroll customer macOS devices or iOS devices in Device Management for Apple:
- Ensure the customer has an Apple Business Manager account
- Add an ABM token in N-sight RMM Device Management for Apple for the customer
You cannot move devices between Sites if an Apple Business Manager account is present.
Benefits of using automatic enrollment
If your customer has an Apple Business Manager (ABM) account, the following benefits are possible when you help them configure their ABM account to use N-sight RMM Device Management for Apple as their MDM server:
- New device purchases made by the customer are assigned to the customer's ABM account (existing devices can be wiped and also assigned to the ABM account)
- When new devices power on and activate with Apple, the devices automatically enroll in N-sight RMM Device Management for Apple and display on the N-sight RMM Dashboard. For an example, see Example: Automatic device enrollment using ABM.
- If the new device is a macOS device, the latest Mac Agent installs on it and the device registers with N-sight RMM
In some instances, the Mac Agent install can take up to 20 minutes to install on the device.
- All the configuration profiles, which enable N-sight RMM to work without prompting the end user for permission, install on the device
- End users cannot unenroll the device
When to use automatic enrollment?
You determine for each customer whether to manually or automatically enroll their macOS and iOS devices in Device Management for Apple. We recommend automatic enrollment in the following situations:
- The customer already has an Apple Business Manager account
- Most, or all, of the customer Apple devices are new
- When a device is company owned and you must prevent the end user from unenrolling it from management
What do you want to do?