Alter Default Timeout Period
The check has a default time limit of 60 seconds. If the Agent is unable to check the size of all monitored files within this time limit, then the Agent will return a timeout error. This error will include the size of all of the files it was able to check. To change the default time limit for the check please perform the following steps:
- Stop the Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Navigate to the Agent installation folder. By default:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent (32bit operating systems)
- C:\Program Files\Advanced Monitoring Agent (64bit operating systems)
- Open the settings.ini file
- Enter the following in the [TEST_FILESIZE] section:
- MAX_EXEC_TIME=XXXXX replacing XXXXX with the new timeout period in milliseconds.
- Start the Advanced Monitoring Agent service
The following example increases the timeout period for the File Size Check to 90 seconds.