The final steps of the Windows Agent manual installation are:
- Test all checks to quickly identify any failing checks before they are uploaded to the N-sight RMM Dashboard
- Start monitoring the device and choose the account the Agent service runs under
Test all checks
- In the Double Check dialog, select Test all checks
All the Checks on the device run to identify failures so you can investigate or reconfigure the Checks before the Agent begins reporting to the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
- If there are any failing Checks, use the Back button to return to investigate and reconfigure
- Select Next to return to the Double Check dialog
- Select Test all checks to determine whether the problem is fixed
- Select Next when you are satisfied to proceed
Start monitoring the device
In some cases, you may need to run the Agent using an account with enhanced privileges. You can do that after installation by changing the Log on account for the Advanced Monitoring Agent service in the Windows Services Console.
- In the Start monitoring this device dialog, click Start Monitoring Now
- In the Agent Service Login dialog, select the account the Agent is to run under from the Username drop-down menu. If you are not using the Local System Account, enter the password associated with the username.
By default the Agent runs under the Local System Account, although you can use any valid system account.
The Agent verifies the credentials to ensure they are valid, and then the device is being monitored.