macOS End-User Apple Device Management Enrollment Process
To enroll the computer in Apple Device Management after updating to Agent 3.4.0 RC (or later) the user must perform the following steps when prompted.
- Select Continue in the Apple Device Management Enrollment dialog, or opt to install the profile at a more convenient time by using Later.
- This opens an explanation of the required steps along with the Enrollment Profile installer.
- Double-click on the Enrollment Profile to install the profile on the device.
- Enter an administrative password when prompted to authorize changes.
- After the computer authenticates with the Apple Device Management server, we return an enrollment successful message on the computer and in the Device’s Summary tab on the Dashboard. Apple Device Management - Active - Device enrolled in Apple Device Management
After installing the profile and authenticating with the Apple Device Management server the user will no longer receive security or permission notifications for our products.
macOS only supports one Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile per computer. If we detect another MDM profile on the computer, we do not install our MDM profile and display a notification on the Dashboard against the device to indicate the discovery of another MDM.
After removing the existing MDM profile from the computer you can use the Relaunch Apple Device Management enrollment guide Automated Task to trigger the enrollment process on the device. Visit Relaunch Apple Device Management Enrollment on a device for information on using this Automated Task.
What do you want to do?