%1 IS NOT A VALID WIN32 Application
In rare occasions the error message %1 Is Not a Valid Win32 Application may be returned when the Windows Agent service attempts to start. This may be as a result of the Agent's ImagePath in the registry. The following steps describe how to resolve this issue:
Log onto the computer experiencing the problem.
- Press the Windows Key and r button together
- Type regedit in the open or run field then OK to apply
- In the registry editor navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Double-click ImagePath
- Add quotation marks around the complete path of the executable file for the service, i.e.
"C:\Program Files\Advanced Monitoring Agent\winagent.exe"
- Click OK to save then exit out of the registry editor
- Start the Agent service
We recommend you back up the registry prior to making any modifications to it. Editing the registry can cause serious damage to the operating system.