Shared Credential Folders (from Site)
Credential Folder Shared from the Passportal Service Provider
Your Passportal Managed Service Provider (MSP) can share Credential Folders to the Site users. They can do this by either sharing to a Site Security Group or to individual users, or a combination of both. If you wish to have a Folder shared to your Site users, please request this from your Passportal MSP.
In order for your Passportal MSP to share to a Site Security Group, you must have created the Security Group(s) in order for them to select them as the share target. Please see Setup Security Preferences for directions on creating Security Groups.
IMPORTANT: Unless the option to Hide Unassigned Folders from Users is enabled, all Site users will be able to see the shared credential folders and credential entries, however only those assigned users (either individually or via the Security Group) will be able to use them. See Site Settings for information on this setting,
Credential Folder Shared to the Passportal Service Provider
To share Credential Folders to the Passportal MSP, along with any sub-folders and the credentials stored with the folders.
- Hover over the folder to be shared to see the folder menu, and select Share
- The Share folder dialog opens, click Add user
- Select the target Passportal MSP User in the drop-down list, repeat until all required users are selected
- Select the File access level for the recipient, from Read-only (can use but not edit) or Read/Write (can use and edit)
- If an incorrect selection was made, you can click the x on the selected user to remove them
- Click Add - the dialog updates to show the selected users and their Access Level. You can delete the selection by clicking the Bin icon, or edit the entry by clicking the Pencil icon
- Click Add user and repeat from step 3 to add further users (you can select a different Access Level for them if required)
- Once all required users have been added, click Save to complete the share settings. Refresh the view to see the folder has updated to a new icon denoting that it has been shared. The menu also provides new options once the folder has been shared
Unshare a Folder
A shared folder can be unshared, which causes all the sub-folders and credentials to also be unshared.
- Hover over the folder to be shared to see the folder menu, and select Unshare
- Click Unshare in the confirmation dialog, or Cancel to back out of the unshare process
Shared Folder and Credential Icons
Where a Folder has been shared to the Passportal MSP, the folder icon shows as a green folder with a + (plus) symbol.
Where a Folder has been shared from the Passportal MSP, the folder icon shows as green folder outline
Where a credential has been shared to the Passportal MSP, you will see a blue arrow icon to the right of the Credential Description. When the icon is hovered over, it will display the message Outgoing share.
Where a credential has been shared from the Passportal MSP, you will see a green arrow icon to the right of the Credential Description. When the icon is hovered over, it will display the message Incoming share.
Security Group Considerations
Where a Site Security Group has been assigned as part of a Folder Share, the Site Security Group cannot be deleted. Should this be attempted, the following message is provided:
Security Group cannot be deleted as it has received shared credentials. Please have your service provider uninitiate the shared information if group needs to be deleted.
If you need to delete a Security Group that is part of a Shared Folder configuration, please contact your Passportal MSP to remove the Security Group from the Shared Folder configuration.