View Quarantined Message Content
- From the Admin Level, Domain Level or Email Level Control panel, select Incoming > Spam quarantine
- Locate the message you want to view - you can use the search facility to help you do this quickly
- Click on the link in the Subject column of the message
The subject is only click-able for messages that are still in the quarantine. If a message is not in the quarantine, the subject will not be available to open.
- The Mail preview page is displayed
- The Normal tab shows the message details and content in HTML format
- The Plain tab shows the message details and content in Plain text
- The Raw tab, shows the raw message data
In this page you can also perform the following actions on the message:
- Release and train from quarantine - Submit quarantined message(s) to be delivered, and flag for training as not spam. See Release and Train Quarantined Messages and Report messages as Spam or Not Spam.
Important - Releasing a message from quarantine may also result in it being reported as a classification mistake to correct our systems - this is dependent on the classification type. For example, a rejected phishing attempt, when released will report a classification mistake and correct the system. Conversely, releasing a message that has been quarantined because the date header is more than 7 days in the past or in the future will only deliver the message to the recipient. For more information on the classifications used to describe why a message is rejected or temporarily rejected, see SMTP Message Responses.
From the More actions dropdown you can choose to:
- Block sender and remove from quarantine - Remove the message from the quarantine and Block list the sender, causing all future messages from this sender address to be treated as spam. See Remove and Block list Quarantined Messages.
- Remove from quarantine - Delete the message from quarantine storage. See Remove Messages from Quarantine.
- Release from quarantine - Attempt deliver of the quarantined message. See Release Quarantined Messages.
- Download Quarantined message - Download the email(s) as .eml format in a .zip.
- Telnet SMTP Test - Run an SMTP test with the envelope sender and envelope recipient addresses of the selected message, to the destination server for the incoming domain.
- Sender callout - Run an SMTP test to verify the sender address is accepted on the destination server for the incoming domain. See What are recipient callouts/recipient verification?
- Recipient callout - Run an SMTP test to verify the recipient address is accepted on the destination server for the incoming domain. See What are recipient callouts/recipient verification?
- Add Sender to Allow list - Add the sender to the Allow list, causing all future messages from this sender address to be accepted by the filter. See Manage Incoming Sender Allow list
- Block Sender - Add the sender to the Block list, causing all future messages from this sender address to be treated as spam. See Manage Incoming Sender Block list
- Block recipient - Add the recipient to the Block list, causing all future messages to this recipient address to be treated as spam. See Manage Recipient Block list
- Add Allow list filtering rule - Add a custom incoming Allow list filtering rule. See Add an Incoming Allow list Filtering Rule
- Add Block list filtering rule - Add a custom incoming Block list filtering rule. See Add an Incoming Block list Filtering Rule
- Delivery issue log - See Delivery Failure Details/Delivery Issue Log
- Compose reply - Reply to the sender of the message using the inbuilt using the Compose Email tool with the original message subject and recipient prepopulated.
- Export as .CSV - Download the report in Excel CSV format - using the Export button.