The Manage Technicians page allows you to configure multiple user/password credentials so you can log in as the same admin level. For example, if you have three users that manage the same set of domains, you can create a Technician for each of them, rather than sharing the same set of admin credentials (not recommended).
When a Technician is used to log in, the user has the same access and permissions as the primary admin. You can see the name of the main admin in the panel at the top of the page and actions taken by the user will be logged against the Technician for auditing purposes.
As the logged in Admin user, any Technicians you have created are listed on the Manage Technicians page. You will also see the Technicians for sub-admins of this level.
The dropdown along side each Technician user provides the following options:
- Resend Invitation - Resends the Single Sign-On (SSO) invitation email to the Technicians email address
- Edit - Edit the Technician
- Delete - Delete the Technician
Enable SSO for Technicians
In order for a Technician to use SSO, OAuth must be configured at the Admin or parent Admin level.
There are two methods that can be used to enable SSO for a Technician user.
The first is by:
The second is by following the below steps:
- Click the dropdown to the left of the Technician user
- Select Edit
- Within the Local Credentials section, you will find a section for Login with Mail Assure, select Link Account
- Follow the link in the password reset email received which will take you to the N-able Single Sign-On (SSO) page where you can create an account
- Once the account is successfully linked, the Login with Mail Assure section of the User's Profile page will change to show - Linked - with an option to Unlink account
- Once the account is created, it will take you straight to the Mail Assure dashboard
This will send a N-able Single Sign-On (SSO) invitation email to the account notification email address.
If this takes you straight to the login page, then an account already exists for this email address, please reset the password if unknown.