MX Verification Tool
Mail Assure provides an MX Verification Tool to check that your system is using the correct MX records for delivering email to your address. To use the verification tool:
- Log in to Mail Assure as an Admin user
- Select General > MX verification tool
- Select whether you want to send an email notification to a customer in case of wrong MX settings
- Select if you wish to also verify MX records for any Domain Aliases
- The default MX hostnames are listed - the system takes these from the General > Settings page (see Default MX Host names)
- Click on Start verification
The system then checks all domains' MX records and displays any whose MX records do not match the ones detected. All incoming and outgoing mail from domains that do not have the matching MX records will not be filtered by Mail Assure.
You can download the results as a report, listing all domains that were checked and of those, which are non-matching. Do this using the Download report button at the bottom of the page.