The Incoming filtering setup allows you to carry out a variety of tasks related to the filtering of your incoming mail.
Getting incoming mail filtering started includes several aspects that require attention:
- Firewall Settings- Prevent your firewall(s) from restricting mail traffic by making sure our IP's are accepted
- Mailboxes Overview/Configuration - configure whether to allow auto-discovery of addresses via a recipient callout, control whether newly discovered mailboxes are filtered, and manage mailbox filtering, archiving, and aliases in one central location
- Configuration Tab - Configure Admin and Domain level settings for your mailboxes, such as choosing to rewrite sender addresses, or enforce the sender mailbox
- Mailboxes Tab- Add mailboxes to the domain one at a time, or in bulk
- Mailboxes Alias Tab - Create mailbox aliases to allow one address at a domain to rewrite to another address at the same domain
- Configure Domain Settings - At the Domain Level, this provides access to several useful Domain settings such as the primary contact for the domain, the notification email from address and timezone
- Get Started Adding Control Panel Users - Add additional users to access Mail Assure as Admin Users, Domain Users or Email Users
- Change Your MX Records - Add MX Records to your Domain Provider's DNS Settings, in order to point to the Mail Assure Hosted Cloud routes
Please ensure you do not change the MX records until all other Incoming Filtering configuration has been completed.