Recovery In Management Console
Management Console contains two services that can be used for disaster recovery:
- Recovery Testing - This service runs and provides a screenshot as proof that the device is recoverable
- Standby Image - This service performs continuous restore of a device to a Hyper-V or Local VHDX as configured in Add Recovery Locations
With these tools, we provide proof of recoverability and the ability to failover in case of a disaster.
The following requirements must be met:
- The following must be backed up:
- The full System State of the device
- The whole system disk
– C:\or another disk that has your operating system and that the OS boots from (the Files and Folders data source)
- For setup, you must be logged into the Backup console as a SuperUseror Manager
To manage devices and recovery locations, any other user role will suffice.
- You are required to enter the devices encryption key/security code, however, in cases where the device has been installed using Quick Installation of the Backup Manager you will be required to provide the passphrase instead
Recovery Testing and Standby Images are available on Windows operating systems only (servers and workstations):
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 (limited)
- Windows Server 2016 (limited)
- Windows Server 2019 (limited)
- Windows Server 2022 (limited)
Recovery Testing and Standby Image only support 64-bit architecture.