Access to automatically installed devices is given via passphrase-based (system-generated security code) access. You will need a passphrase to perform operations requiring security permissions:
- Re-installing devices
- Installing devices on a different computer for restore purposes
- Adding devices to the Recovery Console
- Adding a Recovery Testing plan to a device
Passphrases are generated upon request and are valid for 24 hours, but for one-time use only.
Passphrases are securely accessible from the Management Console:
- Log in to the Management Console as a user with Security officer permissions
- Click the name of the device that you need a passphrase for to open the device's properties window
- In the Device properties dialogue, switch to the Settings tab
- Click Generate passphrase and then copy the passphrase given
Use the passphrase in any field asking for an Encryption key or Security Code
If you do not have the Generate passphrase option, go to User management and make sure you are logged in under the right user account.