Getting passphrases for automatically installed devices
Access to automatically installed devices is based on passphrases (system-generated security codes). You will need a passphrases to perform operations requiring security permissions:
- Initiating force cleaning
- Re-installing devices
- Installing devices on a different computer for restore purposes
- Adding devices to the Recovery Console
- Adding a Recovery Testing plan to a device
Passphrases are generated upon request and are valid for 24 hours. They are for one-time use only.
Passphrases are securely accessible from the Backup & Recovery Console. Here are steps to follow:
- Log in to the Backup Management Console as a user with Security officer permissions
- Click the name of the device that you need a passphrase for.
- In the Device properties dialogue, open the Modification tab.
- Click Generate a passphrase and then copy the passphrase.
If you do not have the Generate a passphrase option, go to User management and make sure you are logged in under the right user account.