Cove Data Protection Troubleshooting
Cove: Ports and Connections required for Backup Manager
Fri Oct 16 09:28 GMT 2020
- Which ports need to be open for Backup Manager so I can access the backup-console remotely and allow full access to cloud nodes?
- Cove Data Protection (Cove)
- The following ports must be open for inbound and outbound communication to the Backup Manager:
- Port 443 TCP. It is almost always open on workstations but may be closed on servers.
- Local port 5000. If this port is unavailable, the Backup Manager detects a free port automatically (starting from 5001, 5002 and up).
- The DNS must be allowed if router or firewall rules are in place to allow full communication to all storage nodes:
- Any Geoblocking should also be configured except for the Netherlands.
- For more information, see System requirements for Backup Manager.