N-able Backup: Files and Folders completes with error: "The file or directory is not a reparse point."
Thu Dec 31 10:57 GMT 2020
- Files and Folders backup completes with the error "The file or directory is not a reparse point."
- One Drive is the main cause of this issue.
- N-able Backup
- This is caused by the Backup Manager detecting the files as links rather than actual files on the machine.
- This error occurs due to files being available online-only, usually within OneDrive
- By design, Backup Manager only backs up files local to device
- If files are not local to the device, Backup Manager will not be able to back them up
- Make OneDrive data available offline:
- Right-click OneDrive icon in System Tray
- Click More at the bottom > select Settings
- Select Settings tab
- Under Files-On-Demand, uncheck checkbox Save space and download files as you use them
- Restart Backup Service Controllerservice.
- Attempt to run a backup of Files and Folders.