Apply Custom Monitoring Services
You can apply all custom monitoring services the same way. Once you have created them, you can apply to an individual device or added to a service template.
Apply a custom monitoring service to one or more devices
- Click View > All Devices and click the check box in the first column for the device (or devices) that you want to add a service.
- Click Add Service.
- Locate the service in the list and select the number of Instances of the service to apply and click Apply.
- If necessary, click View > All Devices and click on the name of a device where you added this service.
- Click Select Status on the Monitoring tab.
- Click on the Service. It may take a few minutes for the service to begin retrieving data.
- You can now edit the Service Details, Thresholds and Self-Healing parameters for this service as it applies to this specific device.
Apply a custom monitoring service to a service template
- Click Administration > Service Management > Service Templates.
- Select the template that you want to add a custom service. It must apply to the appropriate device class for the service.
- From the Service drop-down menu, select the custom monitoring service and click Add Service.
- Edit the Details, Thresholds and Self-Healing parameters for the service.
- Click OK, then Save.