Advantages of monitoring Backup Exec with N-able N-central
Monitoring Backup Exec is typically a source of frustration for many service providers. It means dedicating a technician's time to logging into the Backup Exec console every day to check the status of each job; an inefficient, repetitive, and expensive workflow.
N-able N-central’s Backup Exec service eliminates this frustration and makes better use of your technician’s time by automating how they monitor Backup Exec. When a Backup Exec job fails, the Backup Exec service notifies a technician and automatically provided with trending data that allows him to resolve the issue quickly.
The N-able N-central Backup Exec service can monitor up to 50 jobs on a device. For each job, the Backup Exec service monitors a number of critical metrics, including:
- the status of the backup job,
- the elapsed time, number of files and directories that have been backed up,
- the number of files that have been skipped or corrupted,
- the number of files that are in use,
- the total data backed up, and
- the file transfer rate.