For more information, watch Remote Control - Configure Settings.
You can control any Windows or macOS device under active management by an agent or probe remotely using the Remote Control Settings. Probes need to be in the same domain as the device that you want to control remotely. Agents need to be installed on the target device.
Before you can connect to a device remotely, configure the device to receive a connection.
- Click Views > All Devices
- Click the device name
- Click the Remote Control Settings tab
- Click the Allow Remote Control check box to enable remote access to the device
- Select the type of connection from the Connection Type drop-down list
- Select the tab for the connection type selected and configure the settings for the connection type
- Click Save
When selecting the Connect Using option, select Best Available if the device does not have an agent, and N-able N-central will use the best available probe. If a device does have an agent, N-able N-central uses the agent.
You can now connect remotely to the device using the selected connection method.