Connect2Help software push troubleshooting
The following questions may be useful if problems are encountered distributing the Connect2Help Tray Tool installation software.
How can I tell if the Connect2Help .MSI file uploaded correctly?
Run the installation software that you uploaded to the N-able N-central Script/Software locally on your computer. Does it install correctly? If not, you may need to rebuild the .MSI file.
How do I know if the N-able N-central Agent on the device out of date?
Click Views > All Devices to display the devices managed by N-able N-central. The agent version is listed in the Agent Version column. Check the version of N-able N-central by clicking Help > Version Information.
If the N-able N-central version and the N-able N-central Agent version are not consistent:
- Click Views > All Devices and click the check boxes for the devices that you want to update.
- Click Update Monitoring Software.
- Click Now in the Upgrade Agent drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Can I verify that the Push Third Party Software Task, is using local credentials?
You can verify the login credentials for a scheduled task by looking at the task itself.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click the scheduled task in the Name column.
- Verify that Use Local System Credentials is selected in the Details tab. Change the settings if needed.
- Click Save and Re-run.
Is there any feedback from the Scheduled Task after it was run?
The Job Status view displays all completed or pending tasks. You can filter your view using job status and job types. Depending on your account type, you can also filter your view using Service Organizations or customers. The name of each job in the list is a link to the job properties.
- Click Views > Job Status.
- Click the name of the Push Third Party Software Task that you created to distribute the Connect2Help Tray Tool.
- Click Status.
- Review or download the status logs to see if they indicate why any failures may have occurred.