Create and Convert icon graphics for the Connect2Help tray
For branding purposes, you can create custom icons to be used in the system tray of your managed devices.
To do this, create three separate .png formatted graphic files using your favorite graphics editor. Ensure the icons are small; about 150 pixels square. Remember they will be shrunk to a size of about 20x20 pixels.
The three icons are required to indicate:
|System Tray (or agent is active)||The normal state of the tool and agent, indicating that there are no problems with those system elements that the Connect2Help Tray Tool is monitoring. The typical icon used to represent this state will use the color green or a check mark.|
|Agent status check failed||The failure state that will be displayed instead of the Normal state when the N-able N-central agent service fails to start. The typical icon used to represent this state will use the color red or an X symbol.|
|Agent status check unknown||The unknown state that will be displayed if the N-able N-central agent has been uninstalled or is otherwise unresponsive. The typical icon used to represent this state will use a neutral color or a question mark.|
Icons must be saved in .png format.
Convert your .png graphic file into a .ico icon file
To be able to use the image as an icon, you need to convert it to a Windows compatible .ico format.
- Open a web browser go to http://convertico.com. This is a third party site used to convert .png type images into useable .ico icon files.
- Choose to “Select File from your Computer” and browse to find your first .png graphic file.
- Once selected, click Go to convert your file. It will appear in the right hand side column.
- Click the converted icon in the right hand side column, and choose to download (Save As) the .ico file to your desktop.
- Repeat this step for all three .png graphics files.