Run Rule Now executes a selected automatic patch approval against all existing patches that are waiting to be installed and patches that will be approved according to the rule. This includes previously configured Declined states and device-level approvals.
When you create an Automatic Approval Rule, N-able N-central applies new patches, and patches that have been waiting for approval.
If you use Run Rule Now, N-able N-central runs the rule applies all patches. This means if you declined a patch, it will be switched to whatever the auto approval asked for, unless you left that section as No Approval. This means some patches set as "Declined" may now switch to "Approved for Install" if your auto approval rule was set this way. The device level declines will not change.
If you have set a delay on the auto approval, N-able N-central respects the delay time. That is, the patch is not applied.
- Click Configuration > Patch Management.
- In the Patch Approval area, click Automatic Approvals.
- Select an approval rule from the list and click Run Rule Now.
- A dialog box appears.
- Click Preserve Settings to preserve Declined, Approved for Removal and Not Approved settings and adjust all other approvals with the rule settings.
- Click Clear & Re-evaluate to re-evaluate and apply the new settings.
N-able N-central runs the approval rule and triggers the patch installation.