The License Usage report provides a list of device and feature licenses for each of your customers. The report displays license allocation at the time that the report is generated in both graphical and tabular format.
Licenses are applied for a minimum period of 15 days. For basic license types such as Professional licenses, the period starts when the license is initially applied, not when the device is imported.If a device’s license usage is modified, the original license usage will continue to be in effect until the 15-day minimum period has ended. Once that period elapses, the license will go back into the pool for use elsewhere.If the license is removed from the device after the 15 day period has expired, the license will immediately return to the available pool.
This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
The report includes the following licenses allocation:
- Essential Mode
- Professional Mode
- NetPath allocation and usage
- Disk Encryption Manager usage
- Mobile Devices
- Microsoft Patch Management on Essentials
- Direct Support on Essentials
- Third Party Patch Management (Professional and Essentials)
- AV Defender
- Scheduled Tasks on Essentials
- Backup Manager Standard Server
- Backup Manager Advanced Server
- Backup Manager SBS Server
- Backup Manager Workstation (Laptop/Desktop)
The report also identifies the maximum number of each type of license that is currently allowed, the total number of licenses used, and the percentage of licenses used.
The values displayed in the Total Used column includes devices that have disabled Professional Mode, or Security Manager but have also been using the license for fewer than 15 days.
The Details table displays individual devices and the license usage that applies to each device. The date values shown in the license columns indicate the start date of the 15-day minimum license assignment period.
- Click Reports > Administrative > License Usage.
- Click the check box for Include Details to include further information on the license usages.
- Click View Reports.