In this example, correlated notifications only activate if all of their associated notification profiles are simultaneously active.
- If some or all the Helpdesk PCs have a notification, N-able N-central notifies the Helpdesk manager.
- If some or all of the Development PCs have a notification,N-able N-central notifies the Development manager
- If some or all of the Lab machines have a notification, N-able N-central notifies the Lab technician.
- However, if all three notifications are triggered, it could mean a larger issue and therefore the On-Call Network Administrator should be notified.
First, create notifications for each of the different departments.
- From either the Customer or SO Level, click Configuration > Monitoring > Notifications.
- Click Add Notification.
- Enter a name of Helpdesk PCs, and make the Helpdesk Manager the Primary Notification recipient.
- Click the Triggers tab, and add the desired services and devices needed to trigger this notification.
- Click OK .
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the Development PCs and Lab Machines notifications.
Next, create a correlated notification that incorporates the above three individual notifications.
- Click Add Correlated Notification.
- Enter the name Multi-Failure Correlated Escalation, and select the On-call Network Administrator the Primary Notification recipient.
- If desired, select Suppress Child Notifications. This prevents further notifications from being sent to the recipients of the Child notifications.
- In the Associate Notification Profiles area, select the notifications that you would like to associate. In this case, select Helpdesk PCs, Development PCs and Lab Machines.
- Click Save.