Use N-able Backup to automate backing up of business documents on Windows workstations to the cloud. The documents backup feature enables you to backup only documents needed for day-to-day business activities. With current ransomware threats, regular backups of important business documents can save time and money should a crypto attack occur. N-able Backup Documents does not backup system or database files. Documents that are backed up include:
- Documents: .DOC, .DOCX, .ODT, .PAGES, .PDF, .RTF, .TXT, .WPD and .WPS
- Presentations: .PPT, .PPTX, .PPS, .KEY
- Spreadsheets: .XLS, .XLSX, .XLR, .CSV
This feature is only available for workstations, not file servers. N-able N-central backup automatically searches for the document types listed above on a device and backs up the files twice a day for 28 days, giving you up to 56 restore points.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the name of a device.
- Click Settings > Backup Management.
- Click the check box for Enable N-able Backup.
- Click Select Profile and select Documents from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
You can select multiple devices by clicking the check boxes next to multiple devices, click Edit and scroll down to the MSP Backup area.
N-able Backup will begin backing up business documents on the device.