Monitor Windows and Mac processes and applications using the N-able N-central service, Process Service. When you enable monitoring, a new instance of the Process service is created with the name of the process or application appended to the name of the service instance.
For example, enabling monitoring of the application called Notepad creates a new instance of the Process service with the name
"Process Service - Notepad".
- In the navigation pane, click Views > All Devices and click the Network Devices tab.
- Click on the device name to open the Device Details view.
- Click Tools > Processes.
- In the Monitored column, move the slide to On or Off to enable or disable monitoring.
- To monitor multiple processes, first check the check boxes of the processes.
- Click Monitor with N-able N-central.
- Click Turn On.
- Click Save.
Disabling monitoring removes all instances of the Process service from the target device.
N-able N-central begins monitoring the selected process.