If you have a device that is not accessible by a probe, or that you cannot install an agent on, you can manually add the device by entering its IP address. These types of devices can include firewalls, printers, scanners or an external website.
Adding an external device is performed at the Customer level.
- Click Actions > Add/Import Devices.
- Click More Options and in the Manually Create a Device that Represents an External Website or IP Address area, click Add Device.
- Enter the Given Name for the device, and select the Device Class, Operating System and Network Address.
- Select any other services required.
- Click the Monitoring Options tab and select any monitoring options for the device.
- Click Saver.
The device is added to N-able N-central and the Device Details appear. Click Views > All Devices to configure the device further.