Disable a user to prevent unwanted access to N-able N-central if a user is away for an extended period of time, or changed jobs temporarily. This allows you to keep the account in N-able N-central during their absence and preventing the use of it until they return, without having to delete and recreate the account.
When a domain for a user account is selected, N-able N-central will communicate with the Domain Server and attempt to obtain:
- A list of all Domain Users and any error messages.
- The ID of the device that was used to obtain the Domain Users.
If there is more than one device, N-able N-central will go through them one by one to obtain the Domain Users.
The first device to successfully obtain a list of Domain Users will cause N-able N-central to stop trying to retrieve the information from any of the other devices within that domain.
- Click Configuration > Domain User Management.
- In the Available Domains column, click a domain and click the check box for the user account.
- Click either Enable or Disable.
In the Users window, that user's account status will appear as Off and the user will not be able to log in.