Edit a discovery job
The discovery job locates new devices on a customer environment using a Windows probe. You can edit a discovery job if you need to make changes such as the scheduled time N-able N-central runs the job.
You cannot edit a job that has a Job Status of In Progress.
- Click Configuration > Asset Discovery > Discovery Jobs.
- Click the job name link in the Name column.
- On the Devices to Discover tab, select the customer and/or site and IP addresses to scan.When you enter an IP address, the discovery job will scan the entire subnet, not just the single address. To specify one single IP address, use the format
- Click the Auto Import tab to discover specific device classes on a network.
- Click the Notifications tab to alert specific people when the discovery task has completed or failed.
- Click SNMP Settings to configure SNMP monitoring on the devices.
- Click the Advanced Settings to configure the properties used by the probe or agent to monitor the backup features and set the Discovery Tagging option.
- Click Schedule to set when the probe runs the discovery job.
- Make the required changes and click OK.
N-able recommends that you use Auto Import during the initial discovery of a target network.
When configuring the schedule, if you select a day of the week and specific days of the month, the discovery job will run on both criteria. For example. if you set the schedule to run on Fridays and the 10th and 20th of the month, the discovery jobs will run every Friday as well as on the 10th and 20th of the month.