Import devices located by asset discovery
After the probe completes a discovery job and locates new devices on the network, add them to N-able N-central. This enables you to monitor and manage the devices. During the import, you can define the device class and set the license mode for the device to help categorize them for patching and AV scanning.
You do not need to complete these steps if you configured Auto Import when configuring the discovery job.
- Click Configuration > Asset Discovery > Discovered Assets.
- Select the check boxes next to the devices you want to import.
- Click Set Device Class/OS to set the device's type and operating system.
- Click the Set License Mode drop-down list box to determine the services available to the device.
For more information on what is available for each license type, see to Essential Licenses and Professional Licenses.
- Click Import, then click OK.
The device will now appear in the All Devices view and you can apply patching and other management tools.