The Asigra backup service provides a summary of the data backup status on a device. The N-able N-central backup status page enables you to see the current state of the backup and disk space status. Monitoring the backup status enables you to be aware of any issues that a technician can resolve quickly, and ensure the customer's data is secure in a backup location.
When installing a Windows probe to scan for Asigra backup sets, the probe must be configured to look for Asigra DLL files. During the installation of the probe, you can add a backup discovery job. The path that you define points the probe to the DLL files. If the probe cannot find the Asigra DLL files in this location, it uses the default path: %PROGRAMFILES%\N-able Technologies\Windows Software Probe\bin. If you do not define the path when installing the probe, a backup discovery can be made from N-able N-central. The probe will use the default path . If the correct location is not identified, the job discovery task will not discover the Asigra backup set properly. Refer to Asigra technical documentation for more information on Asigra DLL files.
Use a Windows probe to monitoring an Asigra backup set on a device running a Red Hat Enterprise or CentOS Linux operating system. For the Windows probe to successfully discover the Linux device, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Distributable Package on the device where the Windows probe is installed.
- Click Views > All Devices and select the device running Asigra backup.
- Click the Settings tab, select Monitoring Options.
- In the Asigra section, click the Asigra Enabled check box and enter the appropriate credentials.
- Click Save.
- Click Refresh Now to tell the agent or probe to discover the backup jobs on the device.
- Click the Monitoring tab, click Status and click Add.
- In the Service Settings list, select Asigra Backup from the drop-down menu.
- Enter 1 in the Instances text box, and click Apply.
- Select the check box next to each monitoring job you would like to monitor.
- Click Add Jobs.
- If a new Backup Exec job has been configured that requires N-able N-central monitoring, rerun the Backup Exec Job Discovery.
When viewing the device you can review the backup status.
Asigra version v12.x
To ensure N-able N-central can monitor Asigra version v12.x backup sets, you must redistribute the Asigra API bundle and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Distributable Package which includes the msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll files.
- If using a previously-installed probe and you are installing Asigra for the first time, you must store the API bundle and the MSVC.DLL files in the probe's bin directory.
- If monitoring Asigra using a previously-installed agent, you must store the API bundle and the MSVC.DLL files in the agent's bin directory.
- If installing a probe and including an Asigra discovery during the installation, you must ensure that the MSVC.DLL files are stored in the directory that is configured in the DLL path field of the installation software.
- If adding the API bundle and the new MSVC.DLL files to an existing agent or probe configuration, you must re-start the agent or probe after moving the MSVC.DLL files for N-able N-central to start using them.