A Ticketing Recipient is collection of settings that acts like a user account. Once created, you can use the account to generate tickets in your custom PSA by associating it to Notifications, Self-Healing and Scheduled Tasks.
- Click Administration > PSA Integration > Ticketing.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Name for the Ticketing Recipient, for example, Monitoring Alerts or Server Down.
- Click the Custom Tags tab.
This will allow you to create additional metadata that will be sent to your PSA application when N-able N-central creates or edits tickets. Example would be Priority, Category, Routing, etc.
- Enter the additional metadata in Field, and enter the corresponding Value.
Ideally, these entries should also exist in your PSA application. It is up to the PSA application to recognize these values; N-able N-central does not perform validation on Field or Value. If the PSA application doesn't recognize the entries in Field or Value, they will not be used.
- Click Add.
- Repeat for additional metadata you wish to enter.
- At any time you can click JSON Preview to preview the associated JSON request.
- Click the Notification Settings tab and configure the action when a ticket status returns to normal and what N-able N-central does for repeat failures.
Handling repeat failures enables you to configure what will happen to a ticket when an issue reoccurs on a device within a given time period. The first time a service on a device fails, N-able N-central opens a time window during which the service can transition between states before another ticket will be generated. Within this time window, N-able N-central will not generate a new ticket, but instead it will either update the existing ticket or if the ticket has been closed it will reopen it. Beyond this time window N-able N-central will automatically create a new ticket.
- Click the Associated Notification Profiles tab. Set the notification profiles and escalation preferences for the Ticketing Recipient.
- Click the Notification Schedule tab and configure when ticket creation can occur.
- Click Save.