Certificates are only available at the System Level for the System or Product Administrator level accounts. Service Organization and Customer or Site level accounts will not be able to access this feature.
If the server is still showing the certificate as self-signed, you can try resolving the issue through one of the following:
- Ensure that you are using the correct bundle for your certificate.
- Ensure that your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and certificate modulus match.
- Ensure that you are correctly pre-chaining or post-chaining the certificate.
- Try re-generating your CSR with only the required fields filled in and sign the new CSR.
- Ensure that you are not trying to use a Wildcard Certificate.
Cannot upload a GoDaddy certificate
After you receive your GoDaddy certificate from the vendor, you will need to add additional certificates to make it a valid certificate for N-able N-central.
Download the bundle which has been created from four GoDaddy certificates by chaining them together. You must also chain your final certificate with this file as follows:
- Open the bundle with a text editor, such as Notepad++.
- Without making any changes to the existing content, paste your customer certificate at the very bottom of the file.
- Save the file.
- Log in to N-able N-central.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click Administration > Certificate Management > Upload Certificate.
- Select the Type of certificate to be uploaded from one of the following:
This is now your fully-chained certificate that you will need to upload to N-able N-central.
- CA Certificate
- SSL Certificate
- UCC/Wildcard Certificate