N-able N-central lets you generate a server key, self-signed certificate, and a certificate signing request (.csr) file. The .csr file is only necessary if you are sending the certificate to a signing authority.
Certificates are only available at the System Level for the System or Product Administrator level accounts. Service Organization and Customer or Site level accounts will not be able to access this feature.
If you send the certificate signing request to a signing authority after you have generated a key, do not generate a new key. Otherwise, the existing key is invalidated and the signed certificate cannot be uploaded.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click Administration > Certificate Management > Generate and Download Certificate.
- Type your Company name.
- If applicable, type your Division or Business Unit.
- Type the Server Address of the N-able N-central server in the form of a FQDN. This cannot be not an IP address, as only FQDNs can be signed.
- Type the Email Address of the certificate administrator.
- In the City, State/Prov, and Country fields, type the mailing address of your company.
- Click Generate.
- After approximately 15 seconds, click OK.
- After a new server key, self-signed certificate, and certificate signing request file are generated and the N-able N-central UI sign-in screen appears, proceed to the Download Certificate Signing Request step.
Be sure to fill out all mandatory fields. If you are entering a state or province, do not use abbreviations as some SSL certificate vendor tools do not support state or province abbreviations.