Take Control (N-able N-central) not configured for this device
Mon Dec 14 16:22 GMT 2020
- When you hover over the Remote Control icon for a device you get the indication "Take Control not configured for this device".
- N-able N-central
- Take Control Agent 6.80.00 or later
- The most likely cause for this is that the initial Take Control Agent installation has failed causing some files or folders to be left behind in a locked status.
- Subsequent automatic or manual attempts at its installation also fail because these files and folders need to be replaced/updated during the installation process.
- To determine if this is the cause, please check if the BASupSrvc.exe process is running on the device.
- If the Device has a Professional license assigned to it, you can use the Direct Support tools for that by going to Tools > Processes and checking if that process is listed there.
- Forcing a complete uninstall and reinstall will generally correct the problem:
- If this still fails, the problem might also be caused by the following:
- When the Take Control agent will try to hit a MSP URL outside your region, such as comserver.eu1.mspa.n-able.com when you and your client are located in North America.
- If you block all activity outside your region and no other region appropriate gateway is responding or are overloaded then you could be routed to a server outside your normal region.
- This is why we ask to ensure that the N-able N-central/Take Control N-able Firewall Ports and Domain (Integrations in N-able N-central and N-able RMM) Firewall Exclusions are allowed, rather than specific URLs that are subject to change and adjustment for load/responsiveness.
- If none of those are applicable, pleas contact support.