Update tickets that are 'Waiting for customer' or 'On hold'
In this scenario, a customer responds to a ticket with a status of 'On hold' or 'Waiting for Customer response' and the ticket's status is updated and it is assigned to the appropriate technician.
- In the Condition section, select Ticket Status as the Attribute.
- Select equals = as the Operator
- Choose On Hold as the Value, or the equivalent status is you are using custom ticket statuses.
- Click and add a Condition Block and select Ticket Status as the Attribute.
- Choose equals = as the Operator and select Waiting for Customer Response.
- In the Actions section, add the Update Ticket and Set Property actions.
- Click next to the Set Property Action to edit it and choose Ticket Status as the property with the preferred status (In Progress, Assigned etc.) as the Value.
This rule means that when a customer responds to a ticket with a status of either Waiting for Customer Response or On Hold, the ticket's status will be updated to In Progress or Assigned.